Job opening: PROCUREMENT ANALYST
Salary: $104 861 - 151 467 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Procurement Analyst of Small Business for NAVSUP FLC NORVA GF.
You will establish, implement, and monitor a Small Business Program for four major sites, support for two overseas contracting offices, and ten customer field offices.
You will ensure the program plan is compliant with all public laws and regulations, and provide maximum practicable opportunities to small business.
You will forecast, analyze, and provide professional advice and assistance to NAVSUP acquisition managers and contracting staff.
You will provide training and outreach to small businesses and other relevant organizations.
You will serve as the focal point for all matters pertaining to the small business program and as a liaison between command acquisition personnel and small business program directors.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector utilizing a mastery of procurement regulations and contracting principles to plan, develop, implement, maintain, and administer all contractual aspects related to Small Business. Specialized experience must demonstrate most or all of the following: 1) Serving as a program contractual authority and advisor on the acceptability and applicability of contractual matters related to the small business program; 2) Developing new or modified program policies and interpretation of changes in regulation and policies; 3) Monitoring and analyzing statistical data to identify areas of requiring innovative approaches and necessary resources to improve small business participation; and 4) Utilizing an expert knowledge of contract types, methods, and techniques (cost and incentive contracting, award fee, cost sharing arrangements, etc.) in order to review procurement requirements, identify contractual opportunities for small businesses, and the counsel small business firms.
Applicant must meet the following Department of Defense qualification requirements for 1102 contracting positions: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/DoD_Qualification_Standard_For_GS-1102.pdf
And the title 10 requirements found here: http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title10-section1724&num=0&edition=prelim
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Education Requirement of the Department of Defense Qualification Standard for Contracting Positions:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
NOTE: The education requirement listed above applies only to individuals entering DoD GS-1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent) 1102 or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement. Applicants currently in the Contingency Contracting Force are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
- Address NAVSUP FLC NORVA GF
1968 Gilbert Street
Norfolk, VA 23511-3392
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]