Job opening: Veterinary Medical Officer (Clinical Care) NF-04
Salary: $90 000 - 100 000 per year
Published at: Jan 23 2024
Employment Type: Intermittent
Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information.
This position is located at the Ft. Sam Houston Veterinary Treatment Facility.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Perform wellness appointments on a population of privately-owned animals and advise owners on proper immunizations and disease prevention.
Examine animals, treat diseases and injuries, conduct surgeries. Perform administrative duties such as maintaining legal medical health records.
Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, and other body fluids for examination and diagnostic testing.
Performs and interprets laboratory findings. Issues health certificates.
Provides direction and oversight to Animal Health Assistants with regards to veterinary nursing skills, veterinary medical standards, and animal care.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete a physical examination (to include all mandated immunizations to work in a veterinary environment) prior to entrance on duty.
- Must not have an aversion to animals, blood, bodily fluids, animal tissues, strong odors, needles, or sharp instruments.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, restrain animals, kneel, reach, etc.
- Ability to obtain/renew United States Department of Agriculture/Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation within first 60-days of employment.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays for special events - as needed by management.
Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA).
Possess a valid unrestricted state license to practice veterinary medicine (may be a valid state license from any US state).
Official transcripts must be provided prior to time of hire. Unofficial college/university transcripts may be uploaded for initial qualification screening.
Best Qualified Criteria:
Possess active United States Department of Agriculture/ Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation.
Ability to lift 40 lbs and long periods of standing, restraining, kneeling, reaching and sitting, etc.
The information provided on your resume should be clear and specific. You will be rated based solely off of the information provided within your resume. Assumptions will not be made regarding your experience and the duties performed.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
- Address AV-NAF-W03HAA US ARMY PUBLIC HEALTH CENTER
Do Not Mail
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
- Name: APG NAF HRO GVMP/FSH
- Email: [email protected]