Job opening: Police Officer
Salary: $44 812 - 64 737 per year
Published at: Jan 23 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Domestic Defense Industrial Base (DIB) & the Major Range and Test Facilities Base (MRTFB) in the Department of Defense (DoD) to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: This position will be filled at the GS-06/07 level. Non-competitive promotion to the full performance level (GS-07) is authorized based on eligibility and management's recommendation.
Maintain traffic control at shift changes, enforce traffic regulations, and reroute traffic in emergency situations, issue warning tickets or summons, apprehend violators, obtain facts, and prepare statements concerning accidents or violations.
Take responsibility over crime/accidents scenes by conducting investigations, gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses.
Complete Police accident reports, to include identifying, locating, interviewing witnesses/suspects.
Assist individuals in need (i.e. searching for missing persons, administer first aid, protecting persons, etc.)
Respond to and investigates emergency calls, complaints and other calls for service.
Perform protection duties to deter, detect, and deny unauthorized access at fixed installation, internal compound, and incident perimeter posts.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Successful graduation from the United States Army Civilian Police Academy, unless incumbent has a current approved waiver/exemption or grandfathered from the Office of the Provost Marshal General.
- Satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and recurring medical evaluation.
- Pass a Physical Agility Test (PAT) within 30 days of hire date and annually thereafter.
- Comply with and maintain the requirements of the Individual Reliability Program (IRP).
- This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) and is covered by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program. IAW AR 600-85, a DA 5019R Condition of Employment must be signed for mandatory drug testing.
- The 1996 Lautenberg Amendment covers this position. Persons convicted of a misdemeanor or felony crime of domestic violence are not eligible for this position. Incumbent is subject to removal from the position if convicted of a felony.
- This position is designated as Mission Essential.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain and maintain a government motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Hours of work is subject to irregular and/or rotating shifts, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Incumbent is required to work overtime as directed and is subject to recall for emergency overtime.
- Subject to possible civil action due to improper exercises of authority or injudicious use of force in the apprehension or detention of individuals.
- This position is designated as Key, and is not to be filled by persons with military recall status (one who is in status of a Ready Reserve, Standby Reserve or is military retiree subject to recall active duty).
THIS IS AN OPEN AND CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. The first cutoff will be January 31, 2024. Applicants will be referred periodically throughout the open period and will receive notification of results/referral. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period as stated above. Applications will expire after 90 days of submission. To continue to be eligible for consideration, reapplying is required at the time of expiration.
Please limit your resume to 5 pages. If more than 5 pages are submitted, only the first 5 pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility/qualifications
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized.
Student loan repayment may be authorized.
Salary negotiations for those candidates who are new to Federal service may be authorized.
Credit for Prior Non-Federal Work Experience and Certain Military Service for Determining Annual Leave Accrual Rate may be authorized.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience for GS-06: One year of specialized experience which includes examples of demonstrating knowledge of a body of laws and regulations; assisting with law enforcement operations; and gathering information and facts pertinent to an investigation. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Specialized Experience for GS-07: One year of specialized experience which includes examples of responding to emergency calls; interpreting and applying laws and regulations while performing law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques when maintaining order and protecting life and property (including government, contractor and private property); Conducting traffic law enforcement patrol. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address BG-APF-W6B9AA USAG ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL
DO NOT MAIL
Rock Island, IL 61299
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk