Job opening: Supply Technician
Salary: $57 594 - 74 874 per year
Published at: Jan 23 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
See below for important information regarding this job.
Performs caustic research to resolve critical inventory discrepancies.
Performs extensive research on inventory discrepancies and imbalances identified through warehouse denials, customer complaints/inquiries, physical inventory counts, location surveys, special inspections, etc.
Determines the causes of discrepancies and makes or coordinates appropriate adjustments to correct inventory records and documents.
Processes Supply Discrepancy Reports (SDRs) through research and resolution.
Performs Shelf-Lift updates and Care of Supplies in Storage (COSIS) on stock as required.
Participates in evaluating and analyzing trends for inventory discrepancies.
Assists specialists in the analysis of automated systems and the implementation of new applications.
May operate material handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and stock selectors to move material.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Set Schedule
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- Pre-Employment Physical: Required
- This position and any future selections from this announcement may be used to fill various shifts located within DLA Distribution Tobyhanna, PA.
- Work requires operation of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) and aisle mobile hybrid crane. Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid MHE license and must maintain a body weight not in excess of 300 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain licenses and/or certifications required by the installation, federal, state, and local laws.
To qualify for a Supply Technician, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-07 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military, or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
Conducting physical inventories and location surveys.
Investigating stock/record/material discrepancies impacting inventory balances or Supply Discrepancy Reports (SDRs).
Preparing reports concerning results of investigations performed.
B. Education: As a general rule, education is not creditable above GS-5 for most positions covered by this standard; however, graduate education may be credited in those few instances where the graduate education is directly related to the work of the position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Are you using your education to qualify? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
- Address DLA Distribution Tobyhanna
11 HAP ARNOLD BLVD BLDG 1-B
Tobyhanna, PA 18466
- Name: Casie Ross
- Phone: 717-770-2929
- Email: [email protected]