Job opening: Tractor Operator
Salary: $27 - 32 per hour
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located in the Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington. Tacoma is a diverse city nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia. Tacoma is located on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate.
Operate agricultural and industrial tractor with towed or mounted equipment to clean area and properly dispose of debris.
Operate 5-ton dump truck to move and load dirt, beauty bark, grounds refuse and other materials.
Operate motor vehicles on public roads and highways as well as installation roads.
Operate power tools such as chain saws, blowers, vacuum blower, weed eaters, edger's, power hedgers to trim hedges and prune shrubs and trees.
Maintain all documentation correctly for review by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires that the selectee obtain and maintain a valid Forklift Operator certificate or license up to 10,000 lbs. within 3 months after date of hire.
- This position requires the employee to use personal protective equipment provided by the employer.
- This position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 40 lbs. in the regular performance of duties.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Tractor Operator ~ without more than normal supervision. Ability to operate an agricultural tractor and adjust towed equipment for proper heights, depth, spacing and spreading prior to beginning the work assignment for an even disbursement of fertilizer, chemicals, seeds and other lawn care needs. Ability to utilize a light truck to properly dispose of debris and perform routine operator maintenance on equipment such as adding oil and gas and tightening loose bolts. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
Ability to Do the Work of the Position without More Than Normal SupervisionAbility to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles)Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (Related to Mobile Equipment Operation)Operation of Motor VehiclesReliability and DependabilityWork Practices (Including Keeping Things Neat, Clean, and in Order)
Physical Effort: Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, and arm and leg movement to operate tractor controls, lifting and carrying parts and equipment, occasionally move heavier items with assistance of other workers or mechanical lifting devices, light to moderate physical effort while operating tractors, attaching, and disconnecting towbars.
Working Conditions: Primarily work outside and are exposed to all kinds of weather conditions. Exposed to chemical dust and sprays, dirt, grease, and fumes and may need to wear protective clothing and respirators.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DE DHA PUGET SOUND MKT-MADIGAN
DO NOT MAIL
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA 98431
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk