Job opening: Physician Assistant
Salary: $99 200 - 128 956 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located in Fort Myer/ Arlington, VA.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Interviews patients to record symptoms and obtains pertinent medical history and documents medical record forms. Notes vital signs and performs physical exam of patients.
Establishes, diagnosis, and provides immediate treatment.
Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory procedures and x-rays and EKGs.
Prescribes treatment regiments for acute minor illness problems, such as colds, ear infections, and sprains.
Confers with other staff physicians about problems with treatment and diagnosis when patient conditions are complicated or exceed the limit of care that can be given by the physician's assistant.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Moderate to heavy lifting of 20lbs may be required
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties may require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirements for Physician Assistant:
Education: Graduation from a physician assistant educational program, accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors, at a college, university, or educational institution that is accredited by an accrediting body or organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Certification: Successful completion of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including completion of all requirements for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and re-certification.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician Assistant from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Exemption: You are exempt from the license requirements above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0603 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
GS-12 Experience: A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant which includes obtaining patient medical history, prescribing medication, and determining appropriate medical treatment. This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DJ DHA NCR MARKET
DO NOT MAIL
Various Locations, DC 00000
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk