Job opening: Lead Contract Compliance Specialist
Salary: $99 200 - 128 956 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
"The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC), through strategic partnerships, prepares the federal law enforcement community to safeguard America's people, property, and institutions." We are a unique inter-agency organization preparing the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet our Nation's most pressing security challenges." Click here to learn more.
Serving as a Lead Contract Compliance Specialist GS-1101-12 makes you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) team and mission. This position is within the Cheltenham Administration Division (CAD), under the Mission and Readiness Support Directorate (MRSD) and located in Cheltenham, Maryland.
Typical assignments include:
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation for Suitability/Fitness (5N – Non-Sensitive, Moderate Risk).
- Current and former federal employees within the General Schedule (GS) must meet the time-in-grade requirements outlined in the "Qualifications" section of this announcement.
- Bargaining Unit: This is a bargaining unit covered position, represented under the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE). For more information visit: https://www.afge.org/about-us/afge-at-a-glance/.?
- Must possess and maintain a valid state issued driver's license to conduct official government business.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Weekends and federal holidays may be required.
- This position is Emergency Essential and required to sustain FLETC’s operations under all conditions, e.g., in the event of a localized emergency situation, such as inclement weather, interruptions to power, or dismissal or closure of DHS operations.
- Required to complete an OGE 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, within 30 days of starting your federal employment and annually thereafter as long as you occupy a position that requires financial disclosure reporting.
Please limit your resume to 5 pages. If more than 5 pages are submitted, only the first 5 pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility/qualifications. Please visit www.fletc.gov/site-page/employment-faqs website for further guidance regarding this page limit.
Selective Placement Factor: In order to be considered for this position you must possess Federal Acquisition Certification - Contracting Officer Representative (FACCOR) Level III certification; OR have the requisite experience to obtain and maintain certification. Please provide a copy of your FACCOR Level III certification and include your contracting experience in your resume.
In addition to the selective placement factor, you must have possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level reviewing planning/programming documents affecting facilities management contracts; developing a budget analysis for contracts and preparing the necessary documents to obtain contract funds for facilities management contracts; and performing inspections/audits to assure compliance with specifications and evaluating the adequacy of contractors' quality assurance/control procedures.
All qualifications and eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
Time-in-grade: Current General Schedule (GS) federal employees, and those that have served in GS positions within the last 52 weeks, must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or a combination of the next lower grade level and an equivalent band in the federal service by the closing of this announcement.
Note: Current or former Federal employees MUST submit a copy of their SF-50 Form which shows competitive service appointment ("position occupied" block 34 on the SF-50 should show a "1"), tenure group (block 24 should show a 1 or 2), grade, and salary. If you are applying for a higher grade, please provide the SF-50 Form which shows the length of time you have been in your current/highest grade (examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions, With-in Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s dated a year apart within the same grade/job). If you have promotion potential in your current position, please provide proof. Employees applying with an interchange agreement must provide proof of their permanent appointment. IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CONSIDERATION AS A STATUS CANDIDATE.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.