Job opening: SUPERVISORY GENERAL ENGINEER
Salary: $137 586 - 183 500 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
The U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) Armaments Center (AC) serves as the Army's technology leader for armament systems. DEVCOM AC ensures dominance of Army capabilities by researching, developing, integrating and delivering technology-enabled armament solutions to our Warfighters. Armaments Center has a long tradition as the primary research and development center for new and existing armament systems which are in use by U.S. service members around the world.
Plans, prioritizes, and schedules work, adjusting for changes in resources, customer needs, and other requirements.
Tracks progress and quality of organizational performance and justifies significant changes in staffing, equipment/facilities, and processes.
Guides work in progress; counsels employees; resolves technical and administrative problems; and adjusts priorities, assignments, and processes when needed.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- This position requires pre-employment financial disclosure and annually thereafter in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectee must meet position requirements for Engineering and Technical Management within 60 months of entrance on duty.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position.
- Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisition University Catalog at http://www.dau.mil/
- Information on Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce and AAC membership may be found at https://asc.army.mil/. Individuals with questions may contact an Acquisition Career Manager (ACM) for assistance.
- Selectee must execute, as condition of appointment, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in the position for at least three years.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a three-year probationary period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a two-year probation to assess your ability to perform supervisory duties is required unless previously completed.
- All applicants (including current federal employees) are required to upload official/unofficial college/university transcripts (or copy thereof) when applying to positions with positive education requirements.
- College/university transcripts (official/unofficial) MUST include name of applicant, name of college/university, type of degree, discipline, and date degree awarded.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Department of Army Civilian EmployeesDomestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Reserve (MR) and National Guard (NG) Technician EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD MR and NG Preference Eligible Tech Receiving Disability RetirementPriority Placement Program, DoD Retained Grade Preference EligibleVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); OR (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or licensure - Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test - Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
3. Specified academic courses - Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program.
4. Related curriculum - Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: 1) Thorough experience and expertise in the development and utilization of novel structural and/or fluid dynamic analytical techniques. 2) Experience administratively and technically managing interdisciplinary professional staff engaged in all stages acquisition life cycle engineering and 3) Broad knowledge of RDT&E development programs; and 4) and highly developed leadership, managerial and human relations skills. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower pay band or grade/level position in the federal service (DB-03/GS-12/13).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
General EngineeringInterpersonal SkillsLeadershipPlanning and Evaluating
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications/
- Address FN-W4MKAA US ARMY COMBAT CAPABILITIES DEV CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07806
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk