Job opening: Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Computed Tomography)
Salary: $68 405 - 88 926 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position will work 2nd shift and is located in the Diagnostic section, Department of Radiology, Clinical Support Services Directorate in Alexander T. Augusta Military Medical Center in Fort Belvoir, VA.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Perform the full range of diagnostic CT examinations/procedures, including but not limited to: neuro, chest, abdominal, chest, pediatric, extremity, body, muscular skeletal.
Assist the supervisor in developing quality control procedures for new radiologic examinations as they are introduced into the Radiology Department and modifies existing procedures as the need arises.
Monitor equipment status indicators to prevent damage.
Receive patients, explain methods and safety precautions of procedures, starting IVs when needed, positioning patient and producing necessary images for the requested examination.
Prepare reports on any event or incident related to the quality of service provided by the department.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Pre-employment physical required.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- Selectee will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Employees assigned to this position may be designated as Mission Essential and assume Essential Personnel status during inclement weather/emergencies.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist:
Radiology Certification: Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (l) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field.
The following meet these requirements: (1) Persons employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel prior to the effective date of the regulation (January 13, 1986) who show evidence of current or fully satisfactory performance or certification of such from a licensed practitioner such as a doctor of medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, podiatry, or chiropractic who prescribes radiologic procedures to others.(2) Persons first employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel after the effective date of the regulation who (a) received training from institutions in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not accredit training in that particular field at the time of graduation, or (b) practiced in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not license that particular field or did not allow special eligibility to take a licensure examination for those who did not graduate from an accredited educational program, provided that such persons show evidence of training, experience, and competence as determined by OPM or the employing agency.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing diagnostic CT examinations/procedures, administering contrast for CT exams/procedures; and maintaining proper equipment through quality control. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-08).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address JT-DHA-DDAAFG DHA NCR MKT-FT BELVOIR COMM HOS
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk