Job opening: Supervisory Security Guard (Military Ocean Terminal)
Salary: $67 579 - 87 851 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Please limit your resume to 5 pages. If more than 5 pages are submitted, only the first 5 pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility/qualifications.
About the Position: Competition for Position Security Guard positions is restricted by law to persons entitled to Veterans' preference as long as such applicants are available for appointment. If there are no Veterans preference eligible applicants available, non-preference applicants may be considered.
Use a variety of state-of-the-art physical security equipment to protect Military Ocean Terminal (MOT) national security assets from all threats to include waterborne, vehicle-borne, rail-borne and airborne to include drone technology.
Guards at MOTs routinely participate in antiterrorism committees and fusion cells and directly protect critical resources to include: Arms, Ammunition and Explosives, and other classified objects moving through the MOT via rail, ship or vehicle.
Serve as the Shift Supervisor consisting of subordinate Security Guards and Lead Security Guards who are responsible for providing security measures against theft, fire, accident, pilferage, trespass, sabotage, and espionage.
Direct guard mount and safety briefings, inspects personnel and government equipment and vehicles for serviceability and appearance.
Direct roving security patrols observing the on-duty performance of shift personnel in assigned posts and roving patrols, in restricted and non-restricted areas and makes on the spot corrections as necessary.
Conduct the inspection of posts and vehicles in all areas to ensure full compliance with security and safety measures.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance.
- Pre-appointment and annual physical is required. Must pass all medical examinations.
- Must meet established hearing and vision standards.
- Must pass physical agility tests, in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 190-56.
- Must submit to drug testing urinalysis on a recurring basis, in accordance with AR 600-85.
- Must carry firearms.
- Must pass periodic skill proficiency examination and maintain current required certifications in the use of firearms.
- Must wear uniform. May be required to use protective clothing or gear.
- Requires rotating shifts and other than normal duty hours.
- Must participate in regularly scheduled training in the techniques of use of force, counter-terrorism, first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, firearms, search and seizure, and security operations.
- This position is covered by the 1998 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968 (18U.S.C. 922) Persons convicted of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are not eligible for the position.
- This is an inclement weather essential position.
- Incumbent must possess or obtain a valid State and Government Drivers’ License to operate up to 1 1/2 ton trucks.
- Heavy lifting in excess of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Individual Reliability Program certification.
- All incumbents must possess the ability to swim.
- Please see 'Additional Information' for additional Conditions of Employment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes 1) performing supervisory and/or leader duties in relation to a security guard force. 2) Performing human resource duties such as: conducting interviews for applicants, recommending guards for promotions and/or outstanding performance awards. 3)Patrolling restricted and limited access areas. 4)Inspecting personnel. AND 5) Work with a Federal, State, municipal, local, or private protective organization that involved the protection of property against such hazards as fire, theft, damage, accident, or trespass; or maintaining order and protecting life. Such experience must have provided a knowledge of protective systems and techniques. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Access Control OperationsIncident ResponseLeadershipManaging Human ResourcesOral CommunicationSecurity EnforcementSecurity/Emergency Vehicle OperationUse of ForceWritten Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address GT-W1M401 MIL SURFACE DEPLOYMENT AND DIST CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Concord, CA 94518
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk