Job opening: SUPERVISORY ADMINISTRATIVE/TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Salary: $90 893 - 166 036 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Contracts Oversight Branch Head in the Contracts Department, Code 02, of NSWC PHILA DIV. This position NT-05 is equivalent to GS-13/14 level.
You will ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions and provide other Departments with guidance specific to contractor billed amounts and compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
You will effectively represent the organization to high-level Government officials and industry leaders.
You will plan, guide, direct, and administer all branch activities and resources and provide guidance on acquisitions from requisition to contract closeout.
You will plan and coordinate strategy with branch employees, customers and industry to ensure the successful obligation and execution of contract actions.
You will strategize and review work of Contract Officers, Contract Specialists, and Contract Price/Cost Analysts in the branch.
You will review work products for the development of facts, soundness of judgment and adequacy of analysis as to ensure compliance with statutes, procedures, regulations and policy.
You will serve as an expert in the resolution of invoicing related issues identified post-award based upon FAR Part 31 cost principles.
You will advise on all matters related to cost/price analysis, cost realism, invoice reviews, deep dive reviews and settlement of costs.
You will plan and coordinate strategy with branch employees to develop the negotiation objectives for the Government's technical and cost/price position.
You will review, coordinate, and train on wide a variety of procurement policies and procedures in regard to cost/price and oversight concerns.
You will serve as the expert in resolution of contract pricing and invoicing related issues for various contract types, and provide guidance and training as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the NT-04 pay band (GS-11/12 grade level equivalency) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: As a professional contracting specialist evaluating procurement procedures by advising upon or reviewing the creation or execution of contracts for the procurement of supplies or services for the organization.
Applicant must meet the following Department of Defense qualification requirements for 1102 contracting positions: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/DoD_Qualification_Standard_For_GS-1102.pdf
And the title 10 requirements found here: http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title10-section1724&num=0&edition=prelim
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Education Requirement of the Department of Defense Qualification Standard for Contracting Positions:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
NOTE: The education requirement listed above applies only to individuals entering DoD GS-1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent) 1102 or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement. Applicants currently in the Contingency Contracting Force are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
- Address NSWC PHILA DIV
5001 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19112
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]