Job opening: Physical Therapy Assistant
Salary: $49 797 - 64 737 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position:
The duty location of this position is Rock Island, Illinois. The incumbent will serve as a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) for a designated work area within a medical treatment facility (MTF).
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Administer diverse physical therapy programs utilizing various modalities, such as hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, ultrasound, or therapeutic exercise.
Instruct and review all home program precautions with patients and family members.
Research new therapy equipment and make recommendations for purchase.
Provide updated status in patient progress reports.
Initiate, implement, plan, and recommend progressive treatment plans.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- You must undergo a specific initial background checks, investigation and periodic re-verification check of multiple agency records to obtain and maintain a suitable determination to occupy a position having regular contact with children.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- Incumbent may be required to perform call duties; work overtime to include weekends and federal holidays, out of cycle, or unscheduled training or on an emergency basis.
- The work will require the incumbent to work evenings/nights, rotating shifts, extended hours or other schedules common to hospital operations.
- This is an inclement weather position. The incumbent is expected to make every attempt to report for duty on time and/or remain on duty during inclement weather conditions.
- Position requires the ability to lift 45 lbs.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
- Temporary duty travel (TDY) of 5 % may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact.
- May be required to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- This position is designated "Mission Essential." In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations (natural or man-made disaster) the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are selected.
- Must meet credential requirements: A current, active, valid and unrestricted license or certification as a Physical Therapy Assistant from a state, the District of Columbia, or a territory of the United States is required.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized experience: One year of specialized experience which includes implementing physical therapy treatment plans and instructing on physical therapy programs or providing status reports. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field directly related to the work of the position, such as Physical Therapy, Kinesiotherapy, Kinesiology, Sports Medicine, or Exercise Science.
Combination of Experience and Education: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
License/Certification: A current, active, valid and unrestricted license or certification as a Physical Therapy Assistant from a state, the District of Columbia, or a territory of the United States is required.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83CI DHA SW KENTUCKY MKT-BLANCHFIELD ACH
DO NOT USE
Fort Campbell, KY 42223
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk