Job opening: POLICE OFFICER
Salary: $39 576 - 51 446 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a POLICE OFFICER in the FORCE PROTECTION DIVISION of NAVBASE GUAM FORCE PROTECTION~.
You will respond to and investigate complaints while enforcing state and federal laws, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, DOD and Navy regulations, and installation directives, rules and regulations.
You will respond immediately to and conduct preliminary investigations relating to critical incidents (i.e. traffic accidents, domestic violence, assaults, etc.).
You will conduct interview witnesses, take statements, secure crime scenes, seize and protect evidence, draft reports, and create incident diagrams.
You will perform a full range of force protection, anti-terrorism and sentry duties at installations or activities with significant operational assets, unrestricted access points, large populations onboard and around installation, etc.
You will conduct vehicle searches, inspect packages and personal belongings when admitting personnel into controlled areas or during a specific security incident.
You will assess the origin and cause of intrusion detection system alarms in the command, make required notifications, request the dispatch of
response forces as required notifications, and implement compensatory measures.
- Must be a US Citizen. Must be determined suitable for federal employment. Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- The DON does not employ individuals for Law Enforcement Officer positions who have been convicted of a crime of domestic violence on or after 27 November 2002. You must submit DD Form 2760, Qualification to Possess Firearms before appointment.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- This is an overseas position. You will be subject to and must be able to satisfy the overseas requirements of the 26Jul12 DODI 1400.25 V1230: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/140025v1230.pdf
- This position may require travel to places within and outside the contiguous United States which could include remote or isolated sites. You may be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- If eligible for permanent change of station, the appointee will be required to sign a transportation agreement to establish a Government time in service requirement of 12 months.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport and may be required to obtain a VISA dependent on the overseas country's laws/regulations.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to sign the Statement of Understanding for Overseas Employment acknowledging receipt and understanding of the statement of living and working conditions for this location.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver's license.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. You will be required to sign a DD-Form-2760, Qualification to possess firearms or ammunition.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain
the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You must meet the qualifications and be certified to carry a firearm. You will need to maintain firearm proficiency.
- You must successfully complete a required Police Training Academy or equivalent course. You must successfully complete any annual sustainment training, Level 1 Oleoresin Capsicum(OC), contamination training (if applicable) and OC refresher training.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-04 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Apprehending personnel by the use of force or police equipment (i.e., firearms, taser, Oleoresin Capsicum(OS)spray); preparing police reports concerning incidents and actions taken; AND responding to emergency calls for service while adhering to state and federal laws.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Police Series 0083 (opm.gov)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is subject to shift work, recall and/or unplanned overtime work.
2. Must meet OPM hearing and vision requirements to include distinguishing basic shades of color.
3. You will be required to wear an assigned uniform and display official designated items or accessories to include additional required equipment.
4. You must qualify for and maintain an emergency vehicle operator endorsement.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in Police Science or a comparable degree program related to the work of the position.
A combination of experience and education as described above that equates to one year of experience. Percentage of the required education plus percentage of the required experience must equal one hundred percent.
- Address NAVBASE GUAM FORCE PROTECTION
Naval Base Guam
FPO, AP 96540
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]