Job opening: MILITARY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Salary: $55 836 - 72 588 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a MILITARY SUPPORT SPECIALIST in the SCSTC LTFPAC.
You will advise customers on administrative policies and procedures.
You will work with customers to determine requirements, priorities, and resolve conflicts.
You will plan program work to ensure goals or objectives are met.
You will spot check outgoing metered mail for conformance to postal regulations.
You will establish and maintain defense travel system (DTS) or other federal travel system standard operating procedures for government travel.
You will draft correspondence to provide administrative information to others.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Preparing standard official correspondence, fitness and evaluation reports, processing civilian and military awards, and displaying a basic understanding of security clearance and SalesForce/Command Pay and Personnel Administrator; 2) Interpreting regulations and guidance for the Defense Travel System (DTS), the Government Travel Card Program and the Joint Travel Regulations manual to advise stakeholders of travel rules and regulations, as required; 3) Utilizing automated software, such as Microsoft Office Suite and personnel systems, such Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS); 4) Communicating effectively in writing and verbally to provide briefs to personnel of all levels, instructions and information to employees, and to create, prepare, and present reports, spreadsheets, and presentations; and 5) Displaying a basic understanding of U.S. Postal Service laws, rules and regulations regarding postal operations management (e.g., actions required to dispatch mail for movement from its point of origin to its ultimate destination) and provide associated services.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
- One (1) full year of graduate level education, or
- Superior academic achievement
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address SCSTC LTFPAC
2680 Woden Street, Suite 1
San Diego, CA 92136
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]