Job opening: IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK/SYSADMIN)
Salary: $62 107 - 96 770 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (NETWORK/SYSADMIN) within the Field Computing Services (FCS) section of the Department of Army Criminal Investigation Division (DACID) Information Management Division (IMD). Performs as the IT Specialist for the supported Field Office (FO) and acts as the principal IT advisor on all IT matters regarding planning, implementing, and managing cybersecurity (CS).
Interprets, develops, recommends, disseminates, and evaluates the effectiveness of policy and guidance on IT and CS program requirements.
Ensures administration and control, via oversight, that all Group-managed or controlled IT devices and networks connecting to the local area network (LAN) are operational and secure.
Provides management, technical operation, performance monitoring, analysis, and evaluative oversight duties related to classified, sensitive, and unclassified public and private telecommunications networks, information systems (IS), and IT.
Identifies, evaluates, and recommends technological advancements having a major impact on the current and planned application of IT resources expended towards meeting the information requirements of the division.
Coordinates new initiatives, project statuses, and technology updates with IMD FCS Chief and regional managers.
Determines optimum hardware and software requirements for new acquisition initiatives and prepares cost estimates for the procurement of new hardware and software.
- This position requires a pre-employment Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, and annually thereafter in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Position requires the Temporary Duty (TDY) business travel approximately 15% of the time.
- This is a drug testing designated position (TDP) subject to pre-employment drug test and random drug testing based on the requirement to possess a Top Secret security clearance in accordance with AR 600-85.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain IT certification standards for IAT Level II as outlined in DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Certification Standards within the first six (6) months of employment.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferPeople with Disabilities, Schedule APriority Placement Program, DoD Military Reserve (MR) and National Guard (NG) Technician EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD MR and NG Preference Eligible Tech Receiving Disability RetirementVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement: The specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
IT- related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies as defined:
1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail
2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations: knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
One year of specialized experience which includes providing technical support of controlled IT devices and networks connecting to the local area network (LAN). Assisting in a wide variety of IT projects and studies concerning FO-wide development, implementation, modification, and management of long-range and short-range IT objectives. This specialized experience is equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, three full years of graduate education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
This specialized experience is equivalent to the GS- 09 grade level in the Federal service.
One year of specialized experience which includes overseeing Group-managed or controlled IT devices and networks connecting to the local area network (LAN) are operational and secure; leading a wide variety of IT projects and studies as the technical expert, authority, and advisor concerning FO-wide development, implementation, modification, and management of long-range and short-range IT objectives.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This specialized experience is equivalent to the GS- 11 grade level in the Federal service.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Customer ServiceProblem SolvingRequirements AnalysisTechnology Awareness
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-09/11).
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications/
- Address AS-APF-W3LF15 SCHOFIELD BKS CID OFC
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk