Job opening: MATERIALS HANDLER (FORK LIFT/MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR)
Salary: $51 486 - 60 127 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to independently perform a wide range of warehousing activities, including receiving, storing, selecting, shipping, pickup, and delivery of general or specialized bulk materials and equipment. The position requires the use of forklift trucks and light motor vehicles.
- Performs a broad range of standard receiving assignments.
- Performs a broad range of standard storage assignments.
- Performs tasks involved in issuing/shipping items.
- Operates fork lift trucks and automated material handling and identification equipment to include mobile stock selectors and electromechanical automated equipment, such as high rise automated storage and retrieval vehicles to move, stack and unstack, load and unload, bin, and position material.
- Drives one or more types of trucks such as pickup, panel, and flatbed trucks, which typically have a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 pounds or less, on public roads at highway speeds.
- Maintains records and documents actions.
- Performs material handling duties, including the use of tools and other equipment, in a safe manner, utilizing safety practices and procedures, and complying with established safety rules and regulations.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Emergency overtime may be required.
- The work requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license is required for the position.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
- The position must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Physical is required. May be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-6900 Warehousing and Stock Handling Group. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of a MATERIALS HANDLER (FORK LIFT/MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR) without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of accepted warehousing methods, procedures, and material handling techniques; and of warehousing functions, such as material receiving, storage, issuing, and preservation.
2. Knowledge of warehouse configurations, storage requirements for particular commodities, and storage documentation requirements; and of inventory procedures.
3. Knowledge of regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation; and of safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Skill in the use of automated material processing equipment and systems to include computer terminals, optical readers, and scanners.
5. Ability to prepare inventory and production reports; and to screen shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies.
6. Ability to interpret and apply instructions pertaining to material handling; to maintain tools, equipment, and work area in a neat, clean, and orderly manner; to safely operate fork lift trucks to handle controls for starting, stopping, backing, lifting, lowering, tilting, and driving fork lift trucks through narrow aisles, up and down ramps, and in and out of trucks; and to safely drive and operate a motor vehicle to manipulate controls for starting, stopping, backing, and driving vehicles in all types of traffic and road conditions and in judging overhead, side clearance, turning radius, and braking distance.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Nellis AFB
4475 England Avenue
Nellis AFB, NV 89191
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]