Over 1 Million Paying Vacancies Available. Discover Your Dream Vacancy with Us!

Are you looking for a Facility Manager? We suggest you consider a direct vacancy at Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs in Sells. The page displays the terms, salary level, and employer contacts Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs person

Job opening: Facility Manager

Salary: $70 234 - 91 301 per year
City: Sells
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Office of the Superintendent, Tohono O'odham Agency, Facility Management in Sells, Arizona. Position provides expert technical support in the maintenance of more than 40 buildings, including an agency headquarters, warehouse, garage, storage facilities, adult detention facilities, and BIA and BIE employee quarters.


Provides expert technical support in the maintenance of more than 40 buildings, including an agency headquarters, warehouse, garage, storage facilities, adult detention facilities, and Bureau of Indian Affairs and Bureau of Indian Education employee quarters. Assignments involve a broad range of general and specialized Facilities Management functions. The incumbent must act in initiating and solving technical problems involving the Agency's building systems, communications, and utilities using tools such as alternate methods, least cost proposals, and contract management to reduce overall costs.


  • U.S. Citizenship Required
  • Indian Preference applies
  • You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit
  • You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
  • A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
  • If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
  • Incumbent is required to operate a government motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license, and have a safe driving record within the 4 year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607.
  • TELEWORK: Indian Affairs has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework on a situational basis.


GS-11: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M. if related. Specialized experience: Work experience providing leadership and comprehensive technical support in the facility management and maintenance of multiple building types that have a variety of purposes, e.g. administrative buildings, schools, maintenance shops, quarters, garages, warehouses, utility buildings, elevated water storage tanks, etc.. Additional examples of qualifying work experience include responsibility for planning facilities management work for subordinates, establishing priorities, and preparing schedules for its completion; responsibility for planning, organizing, and administering a multi-faceted facilities' maintenance program; and/or reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating maintenance and operating costs of installation's facilities on a continuing basis determining which maintenance and repair projects are to be procured by contract. NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date. Recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized for highly qualified applicants. A service agreement will be required.


If you are qualifying based on your education, you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.

If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.

One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.

If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education which shows the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: FOREIGN EDUCATION


  • Address BIA Center for Recruitment Rocky Mountain Regional BIA Center for Recruitment Rocky Mountain Regional 2021 4th Avenue North Billings, MT 59101 US
  • Name: Lourde Botone
  • Phone: (602) 241-4560 X1
  • Email: [email protected]