Job opening: AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC
Salary: $29 - 34 per hour
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a National Guard Title 32 Excepted Service position for an AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0115000 and is part of the 169 MXS/MXMCG, South Carolina Air National Guard.
This position is located in the Egress Systems Shop of the Aerospace Systems Section,Field Maintenance Branch, Aircraft Maintenance Division. The primary purposeof this position is to perform on and off equipment maintenance on aircraftegress systems, such as aircraft ejection seats, extraction and escape systems,egress components of jettison canopies, explosive components of escape hatches and
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- Candidates must possess and maintain a valid federal government issued identification.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Applicant must be in the military grade listed in announcement.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION OPEN TO AREAS OF CONSIDERATION (AOC) 1 ONLY.
Area 1: Current permanent employees of the South Carolina Air National Guard. (Note-Temporary and Indefinite employees do not meet permanent tenure requirements and will not qualify for this AOC)
Area 2: Current members of the South Carolina Air National Guard.
Area 3: Any individual eligible for membership in the South Carolina Air National Guard.
Min/Max Military Grades: E-3/E-6
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the applicant's ability to repair malfunctions of ordnance equipment and components. Ability to use sketches, electrical diagrams, technical specifications and engineering drawings. Experience which demonstrates skill in the use of test equipment to make electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic checks.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To be rated qualified for this position your resume must show definitively at least 18months experience in the following- in planning and layout of repair sequence and ability to complete modification, repair and installation of ordnance systems. Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions and determining remedy where complex relationships exist. Experience in hand tools and a limited number of measuring equipment. Experience in the use of a variety of test equipment. Experience in interpreting technical directions, blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's specifications.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Military skill set is determined by AFSC requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military AFSC in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the AFSC
- Address SC 169 MAI SQ
1325 South Carolina Road
Eastover, SC 29044
- Name: Samantha Harper
- Email: [email protected]