Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (INFORMATION SYSTEMS)
Salary: $69 107 - 89 835 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as administrator and technical expert for the Military Personnel Flight's (MPF) various technical management and process improvement solutions to include...(Continued below in Duties Section)
...(Continued from Summary) RAPIDS/DEERS users and database access, Base Level Service Delivery Model (BLSDM), Case Management System (CMS) Personnel Records Display Application (PRDA), Military Personnel Data Systems (MILPDS), Virtual Personnel Center (vPC), Enterprise Output Manager (EOM), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and various IT/IS computer systems software.
Administers Military Personnel Data Systems
Accomplish MPS automation planning, coordination, and implementation
Provides personnel systems management advisory services
Plans and provides customer assistance/training
Participates in special projections and initiatives and performs special assignments
Ensures Information protection completion for multiple organizations
- Must complete initial online questionnaire and additional assessment(s)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
- Employee may be subject to recall during other than normal duty hours
- The duties of this position meet all requirements as a category 4 designation, and shall not be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without seriously impairing the capability of the parent Federal Agency
- or office to function effectively. This position must be removed from the Ready Reserve and cannot become a member of the Ready Reserve. (IAW: DoDD 1200.7, "Screening the Ready Reserve,")
- This is a Mission-Essential position performing a Mission-Critical-Function which must continue uninterrupted after the occurrence of an emergency and continued through full resumption of all functions
- Emergency overtime may be required
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, 0201 Series.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes 1) Knowledge of automated data processing functions, techniques, and capabilities including relational databaseprinciples; Structured Query Language (SQL), microcomputer operation, the network operating system and MilPDS. 2) Knowledge of the principles, concepts, techniques, standards, processes, and guides of personnel management and ability to relate to personnel systems. 3) Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working-out solutions to problems or questions relating to work. 4) Ability to gather facts and use effective analytical and evaluative methods to accurately assess information and make sound decisions. 5) Ability to develop improvements and design new personnel work methods and procedures using automated systems.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of specialized experience and education. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Knowledge of automated data processing functions, techniques, and capabilities including relational database principles; Structured Query Language (SQL), microcomputer operation, the network operating system and MilPDS.
Knowledge of the principles, concepts, techniques, standards, processes, and guides of personnel management and ability to relate to personnel systems.
Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working-out solutions to problems or questions relating to work.
Ability to gather facts and use effective analytical and evaluative methods to accurately assess information and make sound decisions.
Ability to develop improvements and design new personnel work methods and procedures using automated systems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
********************ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ACTIVE DUTY SERVICES MEMBERS********************
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:
The VOW Act requires federal agencies to treat an eligible active duty service member as a veteran, disabled veteran, and preference eligible (as applicable) when applying for civil service positions before the effective release or discharge date. Appointment of military members before the release or discharge date is permissible if the member is on terminal leave. At the time the active duty member applies for a civil position, he or she must submit a "certification" memo in lieu of a DD-Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
. Active duty members applying for a civil service position without submitting a valid certification memo or DD-Form 214 with their application will render the member ineligible for the position. The certification memo must originate from the member's military service branch on official letterhead and contain the following:
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service (honorable or general) and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Note: The VOW Act provides tentative preference. If appointed, a DD Form-214 must be submitted upon receipt
- Address Columbus AFB
495 Harpe Blvd
Columbus AFB, MS 39710
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]