Job opening: TITLE 32 WELDER WG-3707-10
Salary: $29 - 33 per hour
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Position Description #D1215000
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of welding in support of maintenance activities. Performs other duties as assigned.
1.Performs welding duties using electric, acetylene, and/or inert gas shielded welding processes, pre-heating, brazing, head welding, tack welding, flame cutting, pressure welding, and heat treating.
2. Uses templates, jigs, blueprints, and other guides to repair, modify, or fabricate metal items including repair of light or intricately made mechanical parts, which must fit in assemblies where close tolerances are required. Makes numerous types of joints using flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions on light and heavy equipment such as axles, frames, gun mounts and components, carriers, tanks, metal decks constructed of a variety of weldable metals. Welds or reinforces heavy armor plate. Performs precision welding on jigs, dies, engineering and automotive equipment.
3. Brazes dissimilar metals; flame cuts metal to size for fabrication, using regular welding equipment. Utilizes basic sheet metal tools and equipment such as a bender, press, roller, shear, and band saw to repair and/or fabricate a variety of equipment air conditioning and heater duct units, storage cabinets, and components for armored personnel carriers.
4. Reads and interprets blueprints and sketches. Lays out, positions, and clamps work; selects type of rod and size of tip to accomplish weld. Determines heat necessary; adjusts equipment accordingly. Manually maintains proper speed, flame motion, tip and angle, and position of the welding flame to produce desired pattern.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in military assignment in WV's National Guard, and is required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Male applicants born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered, or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory security clearance, AND, as a minimum, a completed National Agency
Check (NAC) prior to assignment.
- The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment.
- You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
MINIMUM MILITARY GRADE: E-6 MAXIMUM MILITARY GRADE: E-7
Your rank MUST be included somewhere within your resume.
You must fully substantiate in your own words that you meet the requirements listed below. When explaining minimum requirements and specialized experience you must give examples. Do not copy from the vacancy announcement or the position description. Explain it in your own words and give examples to be considered for this vacancy.
All personnel applying for this position who do not meet the minimum military grade requirement MUST provide the proper signed memorandum from your respective Military Personnel Office (MILPO for ARNG, FSS for ANG) to prove eligibility to obtain the required grade upon accepting the position. All personnel who exceed the maximum military rank must provide a memorandum explaining if selected for this position, you will accept an administrative reduction in rank. The memorandum must be submitted WITH your application to be considered for this position.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: - Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the basic knowledge of welding
processes. Must have knowledge of technical orders, blueprints and specifications.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: - Must have 18 months experience or training demonstrating the application of a variety of electric resistance welding processes and equipment. Experience in using accepted trade methods and a variety of manual welding processes to weld all types of commonly used metals in various shapes, sizes and thicknesses. Experience using a wider range of metal welding processes to make more difficult welds meeting close tolerance, strength and other requirements. These welds may be in hard-to-reach places. Experience which allows the welder to devise special jigs and fixtures to hold the parts to be welded. Experience which demonstrates knowledge of several related trade procedures. Experience which enables the lay out and planning of work from blueprints, sketches, drawings, specifications and work orders.
There are no educational requirements for this position.
- Address WV CSMS
110 Army/Navy Drive
Red House, WV 25168
- Name: James Barker
- Phone: 3045616889
- Email: [email protected]