Job opening: Clinical Psychologist
Salary: $98 496 - 128 043 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Multiple Schedules
About the Position: Vacancies are located at General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Conduct psychological assessments of patients with a wide variety of psychological disorders that affect intellectual, cognitive, behavioral or emotional function.
Develop, monitor, approve, and document clinical treatment plans and clinical records in a timely fashion.
Oversee, administer and interpret psychological testing to include maintaining and securing test instruments and raw testing data.
Conduct individual and group therapy, psychoeducational sessions, and psychotherapeutic interventions.
Provide expert oversight of training in diagnosis and treatment to certified and intern counselors.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties may require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees may be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening may be required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- May be required to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- This position may require the incumbent to work during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- This position may include shift work (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- This position may require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at predetermined intervals).
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Position may be designated as Mission Essential and/or Key.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise and will be communicated during the hiring process.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Clinical Psychologist:
Degree: Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing psychological evaluations, developing behavioral health treatment plans, and providing psychological counseling services. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address DHA COE Healthcare Recruitment
DO NOT MAIL
Rock Island, IL 61299
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk