Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Salary: $50 660 - 65 857 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the personnel program coordinator for the commander's support staff (CSS).
Applies an extensive body of human resources (HR) rules, procedures, and operations sufficient to provide unit personnel support services.
Uses guidelines that have gaps in specificity and are not applicable to all work situations to manage, prepare, and maintain documentation concerning reservists' participation.
Assists in planning and monitoring manpower resource requirements and ensuring systems are synchronized.
Serves as the organizational point of contact and liaison with the force support flight/squadron on military and civilian personnel issues.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- A security clearance may be required
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Work may occasionally require travel away from normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft. Incumbent is subject to uncommon tours of duty.
In order to qualify, you must meet the SPECIALIZED experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, CLERICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT POSITIONS
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-06, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes applying, extensive body of Human Resources rules, procedures, and operations concerning orientation of new employees and the advancement and educational support for members, performing a wide variety of interrelated and/or non-standard HR support assignments; and planning, coordinating, developing facts and/or resolve support problems in one or more HR specialties.
EDUCATION: Successfully completed one year of graduate level education in a field directly related which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying, an extensive body of military personnel policies, procedures, rules, guidelines, and publications.
2. Knowledge of, and skill in applying, an extensive body of civilian personnel guidelines and the master labor agreement.
3. Thorough knowledge of the mission, functions, and policies of the organization.
4. Knowledge of office automation software programs, tools, and techniques (including complex documents containing tables and/or graphs as well as online human resources (HR) resources to obtain information accessible over the internet) to support office operations.
5. Skill in assessing resource requirements. 6. Ability to analyze data/products.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Minneapolis-St Paul ARS
760 Military Highway
Minneapolis, MN 55450
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]