Job opening: ELECTRICIAN LEADER (MVO)
Salary: $32 - 37 per hour
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Competitive Service Positions to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: This is a TERM NTE (3 Years) position as an Electrician Leader (Motor Vehicle Operator) with the Directorate of Public Works, Fort Jackson, SC.
This is an obligated position.
Passes on to other workers instructions received from supervisor, and starts work by assigning the immediate tasks to be performed by individual members of the group led.
Urges or advises other employees to follow supervisor's instructions and to meet deadlines; demonstrates proper work methods.
Works along with other workers, setting the pace in performing the duties to install and maintain the electrical systems that are pertinent to the infrastructure.
Uses various test equipment such as voltmeter, ohmmeters and hand tools common to the electrical trade in performance of work.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- The incumbent is required to be licensed for and operate a variety of wheeled vehicles of all classes. Must be able to obtain a CLASS B CDL operator license within 6 months of Entry on Duty if directed.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Pre-appointment and annual physical thereafter.
- Inclement weather essential position.
- Subject to call back after normal duty hours to restore power or services and scheduled overtime
- This is an obligated position. An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights or entitlement based on active military service, recovery from a compensable injury, or return rights based on an overseas tour.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Electrician Leader (MVO) without more than normal supervision. I have the ability to perform common duties such as providing supervisor information on status/progress of work, causes of delays and employee training; assuring that tools and equipment are used properly in electrical systems maintenance and repair. I can inspect, repair and maintain electrical systems and fire alarm systems for all facilities. I work under normal supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes tasks in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
Physical Effort: Work requires incumbent to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb and work in tiring positions on ladders, scaffolds and overhead cranes. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally lifts weights up to 60 pounds.
Working Conditions: Work is performed inside buildings for most of the time. Incumbent works outside occasionally and is exposed to the weather elements. The work is dirty, dusty and greasy. Incumbent is exposed to shop noise and there is possibility of broken bones, electrical shock, burns, cuts and bruises. Is required to wear hard hat, safety shoes and glasses.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address DU-APF-W6CCAA US ARMY GARRISON FT JACKSON
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Jackson, SC 29207
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk