Job opening: Supply Technician (MVO/FLO)
Salary: $47 789 - 62 122 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position:
This position is with the U.S. Army Sustainment Command and is located on Fort Detrick, which is in Frederick, Maryland. Frederick is west of Baltimore, northwest of Washington, DC, south of Pennsylvania, and close to Virginia and West Virginia. The surrounding area offers a variety of historical sites, semi-professional and professional sports teams, shops and restaurants, museums, and outdoor recreational activities.
Perform a wide range of supply, maintenance management, and operational functions in support of the Maintenance Division.
Serve as the Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) Maintenance Operator.
Operate a forklift and motor vehicle to safely transport supplies and/or materials throughout the installation and/or public roads.
Manage, store, inventory, and issue repair parts.
Prepare stockage to be shipped to next destination.
Check inventory records to determine availability of requested merchandise.
Purchase repair parts from various vendors and follow-up with them on closing out the purchase.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation, Tier one (1) investigation.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a one-year probationary period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Forklift operator certification within 6 months of employment.
- This position requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle and successfully pass an Army approved defensive driving certification course.
- This position requires the employee to possess a valid state drivers' license to operate a motor vehicle.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 45 lbs. in the regular performance of duties.
- Business travel is required 5% of the time.
- This position requires the employee to complete and pass a Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Familiarization/Safety in Transit (Ammo 67) Course.
- Employee must successfully complete and initial program of classroom or on-the-job training covering hazardous material handling as well as an annual renewal training.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange AgreementDomestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferOffice of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligibleReinstatementVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: (1) Using an automated work order management system for production and reporting requirements; (2) Supporting general warehouse service requests for mission maintenance such an inventory; AND (3) Maintaining equipment, services, and parts records for mission requirements.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Customer Service (Clerical/Technical)Inventory ManagementManages and Organizes InformationTechnical Competence
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address BB-APF-W6WYAA USALRCTR FT DETRICK
DO NOT MAIL
Frederick, MD 21702
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk
- Email: [email protected]