Job opening: REALTY SPECIALIST
Salary: $69 961 - 90 946 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform and/or advise on applying, capturing, and accounting for funds used to accomplish complicated Air Force real property acquisition, military construction (MILCON), minor construction, maintenance and repair, management, utilization, and disposal actions.
Performs a wide range of complex real property functions relating to the acquisition, management, and disposal of government real property.
Responsible for real property inventory maintenance, reporting, and data analysis.
Acquires interest in real property and use rights involving a combination of complicating factors.
Determines need for and takes actions to outgrant property.
Disposes of excess buildings, facilities, systems, and infrastructure or land involving significant complicating factors such as historical and cultural concerns.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- A background check is required
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- This is a term position NTE 02 Years, interns may be non-competitively converted career-conditional or career appointment within 120 days following successful completion of all their educational and work experience requirements IAW 5 CFR 362.204
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
- The work will require the employee to drive a government motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver’s license will be required for the position
- This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Demand Reduction Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes working with a wide range of complex real property laws, legal procedures, regulations, instructions, directives, principles, concepts, and practices; as well as a good understanding of the real estate market to acquire real property involving a combination of complicating factors at a military installation which involves high volume activity.
EDUCATION: Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of complex real property principles, concepts, and practices; as well as agency, state, and local government procedures, and the appropriate statutes and policies.
2. Knowledge of property disposal policies and procedures, outgrant procedures, local market situations, and required documentation.
3. Knowledge of policies and procedures for real property documentation and records, as well as knowledge of common accounting and data analysis principles.
4. Skill in gathering, evaluating, and interpreting data to arrive at valid conclusions and offer meaningful recommendations.
5. Ability to analyze space utilization requirements and make recommendations on reuse.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact and diplomacy.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address JB Langley-Eustis
45 Nealy Avenue
JB Langley-Eustis, VA 23665
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]