Job opening: Nursing Assistant
Salary: $42 870 - 55 736 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Director for Nursing, Department of Medical Nursing Hematology/Oncology in Bethesda, Maryland.
Parking at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is limited, the use of commuting alternatives is recommended.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Obtain patient vital signs, height and weight, lab collection, etc.
Document patient information into electronic medical records/system.
Interview patients to obtain medical history.
Set up equipment and instruments for routine and complex examinations and procedures.
Provide assistance to other healthcare providers in the treatment of patients.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Drug Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Nursing Assistant:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, other medical, nursing, patient care facility, or home healthcare providing personal nursing care (such as, feeding, bathing, or transporting patients); aiding medical professionals; and maintaining medical records. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
Education: Four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with courses related to the occupation. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two percentages. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DDAAFF DHA NCR MKT-WR NATL MIL MED CTR
DO NOT MAIL
Bethesda, MD 20889
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk