Job opening: Security Officer
Salary: $82 830 - 107 680 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Domestic Defense Industrial Base Facilities and Major Range and Test Facilities Base, NDAA 1125 (a) and (c) to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: Serves as a Security Officer managing the overall Security Program for Radford Army Ammunition Plant (RFAAP).
Coordinate implementation procedures, define areas of conflict and sensitive areas and/or installation deficiencies.
Responsible for day-to-day operations and planning of the plant's Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) program(s).
Support command efforts to protect the Army from terrorist or criminal attack.
Increase employee awareness of terrorist threat and support Force Protection training programs.
Perform periodic inspections of work areas to assure compliance with procedures.
Identify sensitivity category of each staff position.
Maintain required records and files, including visitor registers and access rosters.
Design actions required to implement new or modified security programs.
Coordinate with technical specialists on the contractor's staff to refine proposals or develop alternatives.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Appropriate valid state and/or government driver license required.
- This position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968. Persons convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are not eligible for this position.
- This position is covered by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program. Incumbent is required to sign a DA Form 5019-R, Condition of Employment for Certain Positions Identified as Critical Under the Drug Abuse Testing Program.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass pre-employment urinalysis drug testing and subject to random drug testing thereafter.
- Must submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I Confidential Financial Disclosure Reports) upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R.
- Position involves duties which are subject to Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulations regarding hazardous waste.
- This position is designated as Key. See "Additional Information" section for full description and/or requirements.
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) required within the first two years of employment. See "Additional Information" section for full description and/or requirements.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year specialized experience which includes (1) Implementing established security policies, practices, procedures and/or techniques across multiple facility locations; (2) Managing physical security equipment, systems, and/or technology; AND (3) Advising appropriate personnel on security requirements and/or issues to eliminate risk and collect, analyze, and/or disseminate threat information as an antiterrorism official. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the Federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address BS-APF-W0LLAA RADFORD ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT
DO NOT MAIL
Pine Bluff, AR 71602
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk
- Email: [email protected]