Job opening: Physician (Rheumatology)
Salary: $120 000 - 280 340 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located at the Navy Medicine Readiness and Training Command (NMRTC) in Portsmouth, VA, within the Directorate of Medical Services, Rheumatology Department.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Perform highly responsible duties in the advanced examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients in the Rheumatology Service.
Collaborate with specialists in other areas on cases involving interrelated problems.
Attend key medical meetings and conferences and serve as an authority on area of specialization.
Maintain health and clinical records in accordance with current regulations and standards.
Responsible for the administration and teaching of all aspects of Rheumatology care to residents, interns and other medical personnel.
Make recommendations on improvement of work methods, organizational features and the restructuring of positions to support the Rheumatology services and quality patient care.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- You must undergo a specific initial background checks, investigation and periodic re-verification check of multiple agency records to obtain and maintain a suitable determination to occupy a position having regular contact with children.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
- This position requires the incumbent to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on any day or shift, including PMs, nights, weekends, holidays, or on an "on call" basis, necessary to meet mission requirements.
- This position has been designated Mission Essential. In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations, the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- This position has been designated Weather Essential. In the event of inclement weather conditions the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Physician (Rheumatology):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Residency Training for GP-14 Position: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Rheumatology) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.
See Qualifications section for education requirements.
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DY DHA TIDEWATER MARKET
DO NOT MAIL
Various Locations, VA 00000
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk