Job opening: Nursing Assistant
Salary: $39 272 - 51 058 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Serve as a Nursing Assistant providing specialized nursing care and treatment to patients of all ages. Perform nursing care to patients whose conditions can vary widely from those requiring normal nursing care to those requiring close observation.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Relocation Incentive and Recruitment Incentive MAY be authorized.
Receive and interview patients, prepare patient for examination, minor surgical and medical treatments, and obtain and record vital signs.
Set up and maintain a variety of specialized equipment and instruments, clean the scopes manually, and prepare instruments for sterilization.
Assist with a variety of procedures including, but not limited to, breast biopsy, colonoscopy, incision and drainage of thrombosed hemorrhoids and abscesses, and removal of moles and performing initial tissue specimen processing.
Provide instructions and directions to patients for surgical pre-op and surgical sites, and in the care of wounds, under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN).
Assist with scheduling patients for procedures and follow-up appointments for post-op surgeries.
Assist with transporting patients from Post Anesthesia Care Unit or Operating Room.
- This position id designated as mission essential during inclement weather or other appropriate emergency conditions.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Certified Nursing Assistant License (CNA).
- This position may require the incumbent to work weekends and/or holidays.
- This position may require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at predetermined intervals).
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 40 pounds may be required.
- This position is mission essential during inclement weather or other appropriate emergency conditions.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Nursing Assistant:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes monitoring patient vital signs, assisting care providers during procedures or examinations, and setting up or maintaining medical equipment.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
Education: Four year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two percentages
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DDAAFN DHA CENTRAL NC MARKET
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Liberty, NC 28310
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk