Job opening: Pharmacist
Salary: $125 525 - 163 190 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is with Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center in Fort Cavazos, Texas.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
Provide a full scope of healthcare services for patients with both acute and chronic illnesses and conditions covering the entire spectrum of medicine.
Review, analyze and apply literature to specific patient situations.
Maintain knowledge-base by participation in the continuing education of pharmacy staff.
Use pharmacokinetic principles in patient monitoring and in designing therapy utilizing National Clinical Practice Guidelines when appropriate.
Anticipate and recognize patient problems that are a result of or will influence their drug therapy and facilitate solutions when problems occur.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 45 pounds is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill non-privileged professional credential requirements.
- This position may require the incumbent to work during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- This position may require the incumbent to work weekends and/or holidays.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Pharmacist:
Education: A doctoral degree in Pharmacy that is recognized by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Exemption: You are exempt from the basic requirement above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0660 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.
Licensure: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, a territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Medical Requirement: Must be able to distinguish basic colors
Experience: One year of professional pharmacy experience which includes preparing pharmaceuticals, providing medication counseling to patients, and providing pharmaceutical education to healthcare professionals. This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS--12).
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DC DHA CENTRAL TEXAS MKT-DARNALL AMC
DO NOT USE
Fort Cavazos, TX 76544
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk