Job opening: AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC
Salary: $29 - 34 per hour
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Automotive Mechanic in the Light Auto Section of MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON.
You will operate diagnostic test equipment to troubleshoot vehicles and equipment and determine the source or cause of malfunctions or error code.
You will assemble, repair, or replace major components of automotive vehicles (e.g., engines, transmissions, differentials) to keep vehicles in working
You will locate, remove, clean and replace ancillary parts of the automotive system.
You will tear down and rebuild major components and assemblies.
You will perform visual inspections, auditory checks and or tests on the ignition, fuel and electrical systems.
You will troubleshoot using inspection reports.
Incumbent must possess their own tools with the exception of special tools which are available from toolroom.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You must obtain a California Class C license within 30 days of employment.
- This is a bargaining unit position
- You must complete a pre-employment physical examination.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: Ability to do the work of a common Automotive Mechanic without more than normal supervision such as maintaining and repairing combustion powered automotive vehicles; troubleshooting, tracing and locating defect and causes of mechanical problems; determining and selecting the appropriate repair procedures using basic scan and diagnostic tools; AND operating and testing vehicles and equipment in a safe manner after repairs have been conducted.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]