Job opening: SUPERVISORY SOCIAL WORKER OR PSYCHOLOGIST
Salary: $93 175 - 121 128 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will conduct quarterly quality assurance activities to provide opportunities for peer review and individual case consultation for both clinical and non-clinical staff.
You will ensure clinical staff is credentialed and privileged in accordance with Navy requirements.
You will maintain a tracking system to monitor individual clinical license renewal and credentials and privileging status.
You will counsel and advise staff on both clinical and administrative matters.
You will write and/or update installation instructions and standard operating procedures, specific to the Counseling and Advocacy Program.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver`s license.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You may be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
This position is a TIER THREE clinical care provider. Applicants must meet all of the following qualifications as outlined in SECNAVINST 1754.7A:
State or U.S. territory license or certification that provides legal authority to provide clinical services as an independent practitioner.
When the state or U.S. territory licensing or certification requirements include a written examination, candidates for privileging, must have achieved a passing score on that examination.
A. Possess at least a masters degree in one of following clinical fields:
Marriage and Family Therapy from a program accredited by Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education or an equivalent degree, OR
Psychology from a doctoral program approved by APA or an equivalent degree. OR
Social Work from a school accredited by Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) or an equivalent degree, OR
Have engaged in 2 years, that includes at least 2,000 hours, full-time, post-masters supervised clinical experience.
Two years post licensure, that includes at least 2,000 hours post licensure or 4,000 hours post graduate degree, full-time clinical experience in a clinical setting.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Providing and overseeing the provision of comprehensive psychosocial evaluations, risk assessments, treatment plans, and crisis intervention services; 2) Utilizing knowledge of dynamics and diagnostic skills necessary for identification of child abuse and domestic abuse and effective intervention strategies including risk assessment and safety planning ; 3) Practicing family violence treatment principles for victims and various clinical modalities such as behavior modification, client-centered, rational-emotive, family systems, brief solution-focused, and trauma-informed therapies and applying these treatment options; and 4) Exercising human resource management policies and procedures as well as the application and support of EEO programs in the workplace.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following positive education qualifications requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual:
For the GS-0180 Professional Psychology Series: Applicants must possess a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
For the GS-0185 Professional Social Work Series: Applicants must possess a degree in social work that fulfills all of the requirements for the master's degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; OR a master's degree in social work with practicum.
- Address NAVAL STA NT RI
Naval Station Newport Quartdeck
Newport, RI 02840
- Name: Allison Agnello
- Email: [email protected]