Job opening: Community Health Nurse
Salary: $69 107 - 89 835 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Fort Johnson, LA.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
Implement, administer, and evaluate community health services.
Establish requirements and standards consistent with regulatory requirements.
Plan, conduct, and evaluate epidemiology and disease surveillance programs.
Ensure data is submitted in a timely manner to Public Health officials and other appropriate medical or command authorities.
Screen immunizations and health records for overall compliance with routine immunization recommendations.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill non-privileged professional credential requirements.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- This position may require the incumbent to work weekends and/or holidays.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Community Health Nurse:
Degree: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Licensure: A current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States; and you must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination.
Foreign Degree: A degree from a Foreign Nursing School. Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
Exemption: You are exempt from the basic requirements above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0610 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Applicants claiming this exemption must meet the requirement below. Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.
Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Education/Experience: A diploma, associate degree, or bachelor's degree in Nursing from a professional nursing program and possession of at least one full year of professional nursing experience (equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or above) which includes screening immunization or health records; providing patient or staff education; and administering immunizations or medications. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Education: A PhD or equivalent doctoral degree from a professional nursing educational program or related medical science field.
Exemption: You are exempt from the qualification requirements above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0610 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Applicants claiming this exemption must meet one of the requirement below. Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.
Completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) from a professional nursing program
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education from a professional nursing program.
See Qualifications section for education requirements.
- Address JT-DHA-DD83CH DHA STAND-ALONE MKT-BAYNE ACH
DO NOT USE
Fort Johnson, LA 71459
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk