Job opening: Intelligence Specialist (Operations)
Salary: $98 496 - 128 043 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the U.S. ARMY INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY CMD, CYBER MILITARY INTELLIGENCE GROUP, FORT EISENHOWER, GA.
Serves as a Senior Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) analyst providing Signals Intelligence support to Cyber Operations, Information Operations, and Electronic Warfare (EW).
Serves as a technical authority in SIGINT.
Coordinates, develops, drafts, writes, produces, revises and ensures completeness of intelligence products that require Command input.
Maintain close liaison with counterparts in other intelligence activities/departments and ensures coordination and integrity of methodologies and approaches with teams of other analysts throughout the Intelligence Community.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance based on a T5 (or equivalent level) investigation with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination with No Deception Indicated (NDI) on a pre-appointment and periodic basis.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to National Security Agency and Defense Intelligence Agency accredited facilities and networks. [Military and External Affiliates Division (MEAD) Security In-Processing (SIP) process.]
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel may be required 25% or less of the time.
- All ARCYBER staff may be subject to extended TDY or worldwide deployments during crisis situations to perform mission essential functions as determined by management.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
10-Point Other Veterans’ Rating30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans5-Point Veterans' PreferenceCurrent Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) EmployeeCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange AgreementDisabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferPrior Federal Service EmployeeUnited States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as experience in Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) production and analysis; and/or threat assessment in support of Intelligence Cyber operations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GG/GS-12).
Progressively responsible experience is that which has included intelligence-related research, analysis, collections and /or operations. This experience should have included intelligence analysis and/or production, intelligence collection and/or operations, counterintelligence, or threat support directly related to the position to be filled. This experience should demonstrate: Knowledge of intelligence processes, cycle and organizations; Knowledge of and/or ability to use research tools such as library holdings, photographs, statistics, graphics and maps; Knowledge of the systems, procedures and methods of analyzing, compiling, reporting and disseminating intelligence data; and/or Knowledge of organization(s) for and methods of collecting and analyzing intelligence data.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Collection Resources ManagementIntelligence and Threat Support (I&TS)Production and AnalysisSignals Intelligence (SIGINT) Dissemination
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address ST-IC-W0J4AA CYBER MILITARY INTELLIGENCE GROUP
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk
- Email: [email protected]