Job opening: PRODUCTION CONTROLLER
Salary: $46 696 - 74 250 per year
Published at: Sep 21 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, Position Description Number D1259000/D1255000 and is part of the ND CSMS, National Guard.
As a Production Controller, you will perform maintenance production management, to achieve or maintain desired production levels, to serve as an equipment readiness expert for units supported by the facility, and to provide technical guidance and oversight to a lower-graded Production Controller.
Establishes plans and schedules for maintenance and repair, using multiple process production methods and procedures for a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering, and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms.
Prioritizes resources to ensure the highest level of readiness in support of training and mobilization requirements of supported units.
Ensures that Army Materiel Status System (AMSS) equipment readiness reports are correct and submitted in a timely manner to meet Department of the Army (DA) reporting suspense.
Ensures that unit Class 9 (CL IX) accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
PCS STATEMENT: PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION COSTS WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THIS POSITION.
Military Grades: Enlisted and Warrant Officer (CW3 and below)
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE
Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. the general and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement, to assist with describing work experiences; however, resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered. In your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates (months and years) of the experience, position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have the experience, education or training which indicates the candidate can reason in quantitative terms, communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, understanding the terminology and data pertaining to repair operations and process characteristics of the production activity.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE GS-07
Applicant must have at least 12 months experience, education or training working with people from various levels and backgrounds. Experience with a general knowledge of the functions and procedures of production control, records, references, and techniques for developing production control data. Experience assisting or maintaining workflow.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE GS-09
Applicant must have at least 24 months experience, education or training preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
You must also possess the experience, training or education to support your claim for the competency statements listed within the assessment questionnaire. Refer to "How you will be Evaluated" section of this announcement.
To receive credit for education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the education requirements for this position.
- Address ND CSMS
4417 Highway 20
Devils Lake, ND 58301
- Name: April Vinchattle
- Phone: 701-333-3365
- Email: [email protected]