Job opening: MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR
Salary: $21 - 25 per hour
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Motor Vehicle Operator in the Installation and Logistics Department of MCRD ERR PI SC.
As a Motor Vehicle Operator, you will be responsible for the overall operation of a variety of motor vehicle. This involves overseeing the loading and unloading of passengers and materials, the recording of a travel log inspection of work-related equipment.
You will drive vehicles either on a specific trip basis or upon a regularly established schedule and route to transport material, equipment and personnel.
You will load and unload passengers and materials or directs other in this task.
You will keep trip records or logs showing time of departure, sequence of stops, time of return, trip mileage, gasoline and oil consumption, and similar items.
You will conduct road test for career and civilian military personnel in groups of 5-10.
You will make operation inspection of vehicles for loose parts, damaged or worn tires, proper air pressure in tires, adequate gasoline or diesel supply, water in radiator, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must possess a valid state Class "B" Drivers License with passenger endorsement.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- Applicants must able to lift and/or carry loads/items up to 50 pounds in weight.
- This position requires a pre-employment physical exam prior to employment.
- This position requires rotating shift work.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: the ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MCRD ERR PI SC
Post Office Box 5159
Parris Island, SC 29905
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]