Job opening: SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (TITLE 32)
Salary: $28 - 32 per hour
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number NGD1194000 and is part of the TN ARMY National Guard.
This vacancy is covered by Association of Civilian Technicians (ACT), Chapter 103 (Volunteer Chapter)
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, WG-5801-10, you will troubleshoot, perform maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles. Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools. Remove and disassemble engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems. Independently perform repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems such as injectors, leaking wheel cylinders, corroded mufflers, fuel tanks, brake cylinders and worn brake shoes, voltage regulators, generators, injector pumps, and fuel pumps. Conduct readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity. May maintain and repair electronics communication equipment by removing and replacing components and elements. Assist in the maintenance of production reports and records and makes recommendations to the supervisor. Perform other duties as assigned.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver’s license.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- Acceptance of a Federal position may terminate Tricare Reserve Select eligibility
- Preplacement Medical Requirements: Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the expense of the government, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligibility for employment.
Military Grades: E-4 through E-7
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 18 months of experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
Education Requirement: None
Substitution of Education to qualify for this position is not available.
- Address TN ARMY
3041 Sidco Dr
Nashville, TN 37204
- Name: Melody Stephens
- Phone: 615-313-0654
- Email: [email protected]