Job opening: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $82 830 - 107 680 per year
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to To serve as a technical advisor on Security Assistance Program (SAP) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) transportation issues and provide operational support and policy guidance to Air Force Materiel Command and other US and international organizations in support of SAP transportation operations.
1. Is responsible for projects/studies that involves substantial breath and depth of analysis of a major transportation and logistics program area.
2. Responsible for program management.
3. Analyses traffic management issues and develops enterprise policy.
4. Develops briefings; prepares schedules and delivers briefings and oral/written presentations as requested.5. Conducts logistics projects which require analysis of interrelated issues to analyze and make recommendations.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- A security clearance may be required
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- Recruitment incentives may/may not be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
- Work is primarily sedentary although some slight physical activity may be required. The ability to work under pressure is essential. Frequent interoffice movement and attendance at meetings are required.
- The work is performed in an office or similar setting, involves minimal risk or discomfort, and requires normal safety precautions. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- The employee may be required to work overtime or an irregular work schedule.
- The employee may be required to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
- DATE: 12/18/2019 Page 6
This position meets the administrative exemption criteria for the Fair Labor Standards Act (5CFR 551.206)
Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Administrative and Management Positions. Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT:
Education Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position.
Certificate Possession of a certificate as Certified Member, American Society of Transportation and Logistics meets the requirements for GS-5. Persons with such certificates may also qualify for higher grade levels based on their education and/or experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes that I have, or will have within 120 days of closing of this announcement, 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 (or higher) grade level or equivalent pay systems (may have been obtained in the federal service, military, or public sector). Specialized experience includes but is not limited to managing or participating in managing traffic management programs involving passenger movement and cargo movement; experience in developing correspondences, staffing work for higher level review, preparing briefs, communicating with vast groups; knowledge of applicable policies and guidance pertaining to the movement of DoD personnel and materiel; preparing metrics and analyzing data. Proficient of the cargo movement operating system, and transportation systems of record used to move passengers or commodities within the DoD; in depth understanding of accountability for operating costs; operating transportation system to provide common carrier types of services to shippers and procuring common or other carriers and other transportation services to move an organization's personnel, freight, and/or other commodities; ability in conducting or participating in surveys an studies of traffic management functions, operating methods, procedures, and performance; making presentations on traffic management matters before Federal, State, or local regulatory bodies; performing continuous evaluation and quality assurance assessments on traffic management processes and programs; policy and procedures formulation and studies of traffic management operations and services; negotiating with carriers and/or regulatory bodies on questions of rates, charges, special services, and classification of commodities; providing advisory service involving commodity analyses from the transportation standpoint; advanced MS Excel/PowerPoint and Headquarters level experience. NOTE: Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Please see above Basic IOR requirement and specialized experience.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Broad knowledge and understanding of procedures for processing cargo through the Defense Transportation System (DTS) including military airlift, DoD contracted sealift and DoD negotiated commercial surface carriers. Knowledge of a wide range of traffic management principles, policies, practices, laws, regulations, techniques, and operations to include those concerning economics of transportation; commercial carrier operations, hazardous, classified, extraordinary, and sensitive materials; and related areas such as storage, preservation, packaging, and US and foreign customs import/export requirements as these involve air, motor, rail, and water movements.
2. Broad knowledge of an wide range of traffic management principles, policies, practices, laws, regulations, techniques, and operations to include those concerning economics of transportation; commercial carrier operations, hazardous, classified, extraordinary, and sensitive materials; and related areas such as storage, preservation, packaging and US and foreign customs import/export requirements as these involve air, motor, rail, and water movements.
3. Knowledge of Air Force Security Assistance data systems (SAMIS, DSAMS, etc). Broad knowledge of the transportation data systems (CMOS, GATES, GTN, Tracker, Powertrack, etc) and the electronic data interchange between systems.
4. Knowledge of contracting/acquisition processes in reference to Security Assistance program acquisitions/sustainment.
5. Knowledge of goals, resources, objectives, organizations, functions, and sources pertinent to the SA transportation program. 6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Robins AFB
455 Byron St
Robins AFB, GA 31098
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]