Job opening: SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Salary: $33 - 38 per hour
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS AN INDIANA NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION
This position is part of the IN CSMS 2, Indiana National Guard under Position Description Number D1195000.
If you would like the complete list of duties, please contact the POC of this announcement.
Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, and major repair on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical, and automotive vehicles.
Troubleshoots equipment with a variety of the mechanically complex major systems and diagnoses difficult performance problems and the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks, uses test equipment.
Removes and disassembles engines and complex major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
Independently performs repairs and maintenance functions with little or no supervision in remote locations.
Conducts readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
Performs electrical repairs on complex state of the art electrical and electronic systems requiring extensive training on specialized diagnostic equipment to identify problems.
Assists in the maintenance of production reports and records, and makes recommendations to the supervisor.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Indiana National Guard Membership is required. If you are not sure if you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Indiana National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- Irregular and/or overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies or may be required to work hours outside of the normal duty day.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver’s license for the state in which they live or are principally employed
Military Grades:E5 through E9 or WO1 through CW2
Compatible Military Assignments: ENL/12,13,14,19,25,88,91,92,94
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and can use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 18 month experience or training leading to an extensive knowledge of the mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of complex interconnecting systems, assemblies, and parts for a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles, and equipment. Ability to diagnose, repair, overhaul, and modify interconnected complex systems on a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles, and equipment. Extensive knowledge of state of the art electrical, electronic, complex hydraulic, pneumatic, and other major non-mechanical systems that have a functional relationship and effect on the operation of major mechanical systems. Extensive knowledge of hydraulic lifting, loading, turning, and positioning systems and their mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic controls. Skill and knowledge to develop or improvise methods, alter parts, and make repairs in the absence of technical guidelines (such as modifying parts to fit and mesh into systems for which the parts were not designed); improvise modifications to equipment to correct recurring malfunctions; and design modifications to meet special test requirements or other special needs.
Specialized Experience Requirements for NGB Federal Wage System Positions for claiming civilian job experience: Creditable experience must have been performed at least 30 consecutive days and be properly documented. Experience in the same line of work can only be credited on the basis of a regular 40-hour workweek. Hours per week MUST be documented on resume to receive any credit.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address IN CSMS 2
BLDG 630 Harrison St
Edinburgh, IN 46124
- Name: INNG STAFFING
- Phone: 317-247-3300 74011
- Email: [email protected]