Job opening: AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32)
Salary: $26 - 34 per hour
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D0483000 and is part of the OR AASF 2, National Guard.
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32), WG-8852-8/10, this position is located in an Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF) or Army Aviation Flight Activity (AAFA) with responsibility for the performance of the full range of aircraft maintenance duties including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair, and ground testing of assemblies, system, and surfaces for one or more types of military aircraft, fixed and rotary wing.
(1) Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on assigned aircraft to include phase, daily, preflight, postflight, and such special inspections. Inspections such as fuel contamination checks, oil sampling, and inspection of onbourd emergency equipment. Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
(2) Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment. Performs major adjustments and alignments of aircraft systems or components and assists specialists as required. Removes and replaces aircraft components such as control surfaces, engines, constant speed drive, engine mounted gear boxes, wing fuel tanks or cells, landing gear mechanisms, wheels, brakes and tires. Services oil, fluid, fuel, hydraulic, and oxygen systems. Adjusts and maintains installed equipment such as tow targets, hydraulic reels, and drive assemblies. Removes and replaces working or inoperative parts and elements. Performs operator maintenance on aircraft installed auxiliary power units. Tows, taxies, parks, and moors assigned and transient aircraft. Meets and debriefs the aircrew on the status of the aircraft. Launches and recovers assigned and transient aircraft to include those on alert status. Performs end-of-runway inspections prior to take-off. Inspects for conditions such as oil, fuel and hydraulic leaks; damaged tires; and loose panels.
(3) May be required to perform such additional duties as fire fighting, aircraft crash/rescue, snow removal etc.
(4) Performs other duties as required.
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- The duties of this job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- Must be able to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; shift work and/or overtime may be required.
- Federal employment suitability required and determined by a background investigation before appointment to position.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain the necessary security clearance for the position.
- Compatible Military MOS Assignments: Enlisted – 15
- Military Grades: Enlisted members only.
Areas of Consideration:
Area 1 - Current permanent and indefinite T32 technicians of the Oregon ARNG.
Area 2 - Current permanent and indefinite T5 employees of the Oregon ARNG.
Area 3 - Current service members in the Oregon ARNG.
Area 4 - Individuals in the active duty Army, Army Reserve or Army National Guard.
Area 5 - US Citizens eligible to meet the military requirements for membership in the Oregon ARNG.
GENERAL and SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Work involves the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, overhaul, and modification of fixed and rotary wing aircraft systems, airframes, components and assemblies, where the work requires substantive knowledge of the airframe and aircraft mechanical, pneudraulic, and/or electrical systems and their interrelationships. Some work situations within this series may require varying levels of electronics knowledge. Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
WG-08 - Must have at least 12 months experience or training in the use of common hand tools to make mechanical repairs. Experience removing and installing aircraft parts, components, and accessories with detailed guidance. Experience in following detailed instructions in making routine, reoccurring repairs and modifications to aircraft parts, subassemblies, and components, e.g., such as jacking and leveling aircraft, installing, and adjusting engines, landing gear assemblies, instrument panels, and flight control systems.
WG-10 - Must have at least 18 months experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address OR AASF 2
2110 NW 56th Dr
Pendleton, OR 97801
- Name: Edward Chitwood
- Phone: (971) 355-3303
- Email: [email protected]