Job opening: Pharmacist
Salary: $118 364 - 143 717 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located at Brooke Army Medical Center at Fort Sam Houston, Texas in a Clinical Hematology/Oncology Setting.
-Graduate of an accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy residency or 3 years of clinical practice experience where 50% of experience is related to field of hematology/oncology pharmacy clinical practice preferred.
-PGY-2 Hematology/Oncology pharmacy residency highly preferred.
-Board Certification in Oncology highly preferred
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Assesses, plans, treats, counsels, and provides guidance and instructions to patients with a variety of acute and chronic illnesses.
Prepares, compounds, and dispenses prescriptions according to professional and military standards.
Makes judgments about the use of medications and treatment, prescribing appropriate medications and treatments based on protocols.
Advise on drug therapy and usage; or perform administrative, consultative, or staff advisory work concerning the administration of a pharmacy program for hospital, clinic, or other medical care facility.
Serves as a consultant on cases involving multiple, serious, or life-threatening conditions with conflicting drug requirements, serious drug reactions or interactions, or other factors not receptive to standard or more common specialized approaches.
Multidisciplinary academic rounding on acute and ambulatory care hematologic/oncologic patients.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may require the incumbent to work weekends and/or holidays.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Pharmacist:
Education: A doctoral degree in Pharmacy that is recognized by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Exemption: You are exempt from the basic requirement above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0660 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.
Licensure: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, a territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Medical Requirement: Must be able to distinguish basic colors.
Experience: One year of professional pharmacy experience in a medical facility which includes dispensing medication, preparing pharmaceuticals, and providing inpatient or outpatient functions such as developing pharmacokinetics and pharmacotherapeutic regimens. This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS--12).
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DB DHA SAN ANTONIO MKT-BROOKE AMC
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk