Job opening: Police Officer
Salary: $50 503 - 65 654 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the PositionThis is a Police Officer, GS-0083-07 position located at Tooele Army Depot, Directorate of Base Operations, Law Enforcement & Security Division.
Implement a body of standardized rules, methods, procedures and operating techniques associated with Law Enforcement to perform a full range of operations in preventing or resolving offenses.
Responsible for the oversight and management of the National Crime Information Center - Interstate Identification Index (NCIC-III) for vetting visitors, un-cleared contractors, and Government personnel.
Perform standard security guard functions to include; protecting and preventing unauthorized access to Federal property.
Secure crime/accident scene by conduction investigations, gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses.
Enforce military, federal, state, and local criminal, traffic law and regulations.
Prepare and maintain data logs and statistics on vetted personnel command review.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Graduate from a 9-week U.S. Army Military Police School (USAMPS) Dept. of Army Civilian Police Academy.
- Pass entry-level and annual re-certification of Department of Army Police Physical Agility Test (PAT).
- Perform and pass a weapons qualification test and maintain required regulatory certifications (e.g.; use of pepper spray, baton handling, smoke/percussion grenade use, less than lethal, TASER, shotgun, etc).
- Maintain certification on the following law enforcement systems: NCIC-III, Incident Command System (ICS), and Army Law Enforcement Reporting and Tracking Systems (ALERTS).
- Obtain and maintain certification to operate the NCIC-III terminal.
- Be able to operate in chemical protective (CBRNE) gear for extended periods of time.
- Obtain and maintain certification of a RADAR (speed control) device.
- Pass a semi-annual written Use of Force examination.
- Wear a uniform and regulatory required associated gear (to include body armor).
- Be able to obtain and maintain an Individual Reliability Program certification.
- A medical screening/examination is required (in accordance with Army Regulation 190-56, Appendices B and C); immunizations are required.
- Pass an annual physical agility test to standards published in AR 190-56.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
????Current Department of Army Civilian EmployeesPriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: 1) Enforcing military, federal, state, local criminal, traffic, and/or motor vehicle laws and regulations; 2) Investigating crime/accident scene by gathering evidence or interviewing witnesses; and 3) Utilizing an automated system to search criminal history records to clear personnel for access or other purposes. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Access ControlArrest/ApprehensionComputer LiteracyCritical Incident ResponseTraffic Control
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address FQ-APF-TOOELE ARMY DEPOT
DO NOT MAIL
Tooele, UT 84074
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk