Job opening: POSTAL SERVICE CONTRACT MONITOR
Salary: $42 022 - 54 625 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Contract Monitor for the Postal Service Center and the Base Information Transfer Center contracts. This is done in accordance with the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) and also guidelines and directives from management.
Provides systematic surveillance of the contractor in all aspects of Postal/BITS services and ensures contractor's compliance with the contract.
Develops, revises, and maintains a quality assurance surveillance plan for the contract.
Develops a monthly inspection schedule by using the Quality Assurance Scheduling Program (QASP) for random sampling surveillance of contract.
Acts as liaison between 82 Communications Squadron, the contractor, and postal/BITS customer to investigate inquiries and/or complaints.
Maintains required records of work accomplished by the contractors. Periodically reviews the Statement of Work and QASP.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Work may require overtime or duty on weekends/holiday periods to ensure consistent contract surveillance
- Travel and Relocation Expenses will not be paid
- This position requires a Secret clearance
In order to qualify, you must meet the general experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of a body of rules, procedures, and operations of quality control guidelines in order to inspect and track the progress of the contractor in meeting objectives.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Postal Service Center and the Base Information Transfer Center regulations, procedures and processes.
2. Knowledge of techniques to evaluate contractor performance.
3. Ability to communicate orally and in writing for use when interacting with others to resolve problems.
4. Knowledge of computers and word processing systems sufficient for basic entry and retrieval operations. A qualified typist is not required.
5. Ability to edit, update, and process the Statement of Work and automated quality assurance scheduling program.
6. Ability to plan and facilitate minor negotiations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Sheppard AFB
426 5th Avenue
Sheppard AFB, TX 76311
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]