Job opening: Clinical Psychologist
Salary: $129 451 - 168 283 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located at Madigan Army Medical Center on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives are authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service
Conduct psychological assessments of patients with a wide variety of psychological disorders that affect intellectual, cognitive, behavioral or emotional function.
Develop, monitor, approve, and document clinical treatment plans and clinical records in a timely fashion.
Oversee, administer and interpret psychological testing to include maintaining and securing test instruments and raw testing data.
Conduct individual and group therapy, psychoeducational sessions, and psychotherapeutic interventions.
Provide expert oversight of training in diagnosis and treatment to certified and intern counselors.
Prescribe medications such as anti-depressant and anti-anxiety as well as specialized medications for bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and substance abuse.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 15 pounds is required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Clinical Psychologist:
Degree: Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing psychological evaluations, developing behavioral health treatment plans, providing psychological counseling services, and instructing other in proper therapeutic techniques. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DE DHA PUGET SOUND MKT-MADIGAN
DO NOT MAIL
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA 98431
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk