Job opening: Nurse (Labor and Delivery)
Salary: $69 107 - 89 835 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Serve as Nurse (Labor and Delivery) within the Defense Health Agency (DHA), North Carolina Coast Market, Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Relocation and Recruitment Incentives are authorized.
Provide comprehensive specialized nursing care to complicated and routine antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and perioperative obstetric patients and their neonates.
Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate complicated and routine obstetric and neonatal patients who require close observation for subtle changes in condition.
Monitor, evaluate, and document the status of laboring patients through frequent checks of blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, and fetal monitor patterns and report findings to the provider as appropriate.
Administer medications, including high risk medications, as ordered within the guidelines of nursing practice.
Assist physicians and nurse midwives in examination and treatment in the delivery room.
Provide post anesthesia care.
Teach patients and family members about disease processes, normal newborn and postpartum care, pre and post-operative care, pre and post diagnostic procedures; expected and possible adverse reactions to medications; health promotion.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- In accordance with Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 1402.5, Child Care National Agency Check and Inquiries (CNACI) background investigations are required for all individuals who have regular contact with children under 18 years of age.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
- This position requires the employee to obtain Hepatitis B immunizations and Tuberculosis testing unless exempt by physician. Employee will be required to wear and use personal protective equipment as required and provided by the employer.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position requires the incumbent to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Nurse (Labor and Delivery):
Degree: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.).
Licensure: A current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States; and you must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination.
Foreign Degree: A degree from a Foreign Nursing School. Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
Exemption: You are exempt from the basic requirements above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0610 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Applicants claiming this exemption must meet the requirements below. (Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.)
Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Education/Experience: A diploma, associate degree, or bachelor's degree in Nursing from a professional nursing program and possession of at least one full year of professional nursing experience (equivalent to the GS-9 grade level or above) which includes providing specialized nursing care in labor and delivery; administering medications; and providing education to patients.
Education: A PhD or equivalent doctoral degree from a professional nursing educational program or related medical science field.
EXEMPTION: You are exempt from the qualification requirements above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0610 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Applicants claiming this exemption must meet one of the requirements below. (Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.)
Completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) from a professional nursing program.
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education from a professional nursing program.
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DX DHA NC COAST MKT-LEJEUNE
DO NOT MAIL
Camp Lejeune, NC 28547
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk