Job opening: Medical Technician
Salary: $46 696 - 60 703 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is in the Microbiology department located at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Cavazos, Texas.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
Routinely perform tests of difficult and complex nature routinely.
Perform start up and shut down procedures.
Perform daily (or as required) quality control procedures for ensuring the acceptability of all testing systems.
Evaluate control data to ensure the results are within acceptable norms.
Release and admit bodies to the morgue.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- This position may include shift work (evenings, weekends, holidays
- This position may require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at predetermined intervals).
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing complex testing in a clinical laboratory setting and maintaining or troubleshooting equipment. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field directly related to the work of the position, such as Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemistry, or Microbiology.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DC DHA CENTRAL TEXAS MKT-DARNALL AMC
DO NOT USE
Fort Cavazos, TX 76544
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk