Job opening: Nurse (Clinical/Emergency)
Salary: $90 790 - 115 297 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position:
This position is located at Evans Army Community Hospital, Fort Carson, CO.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
Make independent triage decisions based on assessment and management skills for all ambulatory patients seen in the Emergency Center.
Assist the physician in the performance of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and other specialized procedures.
Perform a variety of administrative duties and data collection as an extension of and in support of the Clinical Head Nurse.
Screen patient health history, complaints, medications, and identify health related conditions that may impact the patient's health status.
Provide full range of professional nursing care and treatment to a variety of patients, from newborn to geriatrics, arriving in critical condition.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- This position may require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at predetermined intervals).
- This position may require the incumbent to work during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill non-privileged professional credential requirements.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds is required.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience and education requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Nurse (Clinical/Emergency):
Degree: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.).
Foreign Degree: A degree from a Foreign Nursing School. Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Licensure: A current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States; and you must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination.
Education/Experience: A diploma, associate degree, or bachelor's degree in Nursing from a professional nursing program and possession of at least one full year of professional nursing experience (equivalent to the GS-9 grade level or above) which includes providing nursing care to emergency room patients, responding to life threatening conditions, and administering medications.
Education: A PhD or equivalent doctoral degree from a professional nursing educational program or related medical science field including but not limited to Nursing.
EXEMPTION: You are exempt from the qualification requirements above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0610 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Applicants claiming this exemption must meet one of the requirement below. Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.
Completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) from a professional nursing program.
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education from a professional nursing program.
See Qualifications section for education requirements.
- Address JT-DHA-DD83CJ DHA CO SPRINGS MKT-EVANS ACH
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Carson, CO 80913
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk