Job opening: Medical Support Assistant (Office Automation)
Salary: $37 696 - 49 009 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Front Desk Medical Support Assistant will serve and assist active duty, retirees, dependents & civilians seeking care during their process through the military healthcare system, due to the resolve of various medical conditions.
Medical office working environment; Work Hours: 0730-1600 Monday - Friday
Process referrals received from Referral Management, into viable patient appointments.
Attend required trainings and meetings to understand and stay up to date with and maintain DHA appointments/scheduling guidelines for compliance.
Work independently within the duties of their role 75-90% of the workday.
Ability to comprehend and navigate complex scheduling templates for 8 or more Providers
Ability to multi-task complex patient scenarios.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
- Must receive and maintain appropriate vaccination against seasonal influenza. The incumbent must, as a condition of employment, be immunized on an annual basis against influenza.
- A favorable Access National Agency Check and Inquiries (ANACI) background Investigation is required for all non-critical sensitive positions with access to network systems.
- This position requires a typing proficiency of at least 40 words per minute (WPM) based on a 5 minute sample with 3 or fewer errors.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance PlanMilitary Spouse Direct Hire Authority (DHA) Outside the US
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized experience: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. Applicants who have the 1 year of appropriate specialized experience, as indicated in the table, are not required by this standard to have general experience, education above the high school level, or any additional specialized experience to meet the minimum qualification requirements.
Specialized Experience is defined as: One year of specialized experience which includes scheduling appointments, procedures, and consultations; communicating with patients, family members and other involved entities; and operating office automated machines in a Medical Treatment Facility. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
Education: Four years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-04).
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DX DHA NC COAST MKT-LEJEUNE
DO NOT MAIL
Camp Lejeune, NC 28547
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk