Job opening: Physician (Aerospace Medicine)
Salary: $115 587 - 306 600 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position:
Position is located at Randolph Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
An Advance in Hire (AIH) incentive may be authorized.
Advanced Leave Accrual incentive may be authorized.
Provide aerospace medical care to flyers, missile crews, and others with special standards of medical qualifications.
Implement policies and procedures and prepare directives governing flight medicine, preventive medicine, and occupational medicine.
Provide the full scope of primary and preventative health care services to military members serving as aircrew or in special duty occupations and their family members (to include pediatrics and geriatrics) in Military Treatment Facilities (MTF).
Provide complex aeromedical decision making to include aeromedical dispositions for flying/special operational duty.
Coordinate with facility and community resources to provide multi-disciplinary comprehensive care to all patients.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- Position is designated as Mission Essential. The incumbent will be required to report to work during times of contingency operations, natural disasters, extreme weather or other emergency situations.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Physician (Aerospacec Medicine):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts and/or proof of foreign equivalency with your application package.)
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (Note: You must attach a copy of your license/registration with your application package.)
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training. (Note: You must attach proof of graduate training program completion with your application package.)
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Residency Training: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Preventive Medicine, Aerospace Medicine, Occupational Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.
If you are selected for a Physician position: A salary quote will not be provided to you at the time of the initial job offer. The salary determination process begins after the initial job offer is accepted. This consists of the Activity Compensation Panel adding base pay and market pay to determine your starting salary and this will be provided to you once approved. Salary for physician positions is based on a tier scale, determined by the position specialty, grade, and location.
See Qualifications section for education requirements.
- Address JT-DHA-DD83BI DHA SAN ANTONIO MKT-WILFORD HALL
DO NOT MAIL
Lackland AFB, TX 78236
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk