Job opening: Clinical Psychologist
Salary: $112 015 - 145 617 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located in the Department of Behavioral Health, Acute and Outpatient Services, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
Parking at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is limited, the use of commuting alternatives is recommended.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Provide psychological treatment/consultation services in the evaluation, assessment, and treatment of Child and Adolescent patients with bio-psychosocial issues.
Conduct intake interviews, crisis intervention, treatment, referral, and case management for all assigned patients.
Provide professional consultation services to other professionals and units within the medical treatment facility.
Provide ongoing support, counseling, and therapy services for Child and Adolescent patients to confirm progress toward treatment goals.
Identify areas of needed care, and where possible, develops treatment modalities to meet those needs.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Clinical Psychologist:
Degree: Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing bio-psychosocial assessments of children and adolescent patients, providing therapy services, and developing behavioral health treatment plans. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: This position highly prefers a current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice Psychology independently, offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, commonwealth, territory or jurisdiction.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DDAAFF DHA NCR MKT-WR NATL MIL MED CTR
DO NOT MAIL
Bethesda, MD 20889
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk